Joanne Rowling

Hi! I am going to talk about Joanne Rowling, known as J.K.Rowling, the author of my favorite series of books "Harry Potter". 
She is not Scottish but she lives in Edinburgh, where she wrote her books. After reading a little about her and her life and circumstances I admire her even more. J.K. had to face a complicated divorce and fight for her baby daughter. Joanne had even to overcome a depression that made her think about suicide and she used her personal experience to create characters and describe her real emotions.

Almost each main character is based on a real person of Joanne´s life, even she, who is reflected in the protagonist, Harry, whose birthday is also the 31th July, like the author´s.
Personally, I love these books since the first time I read them when I was about ten and I think that I will love them forever. I usually reread Harry potter when I have no interesting book to read, from the first book “Harry Potter and the philosopher’s stone” to the last one “Harry Potter and the deathly hallows”, and I still find wonderful things and with each reading I feel like a child again, discovering a fantastic world that makes me forget about everything else. If you don´t have read them yet, I recommend you to do it, because it is not literature for children but literature for soul, even my grandfather has read them (I almost obliged him but he liked them finally).  
 The Harry Potter series helped Rowling to escape from her naked reality as it helps many people to do the same. She could express her feelings through the pages and have a happy ending, because of the incredible success of her books she could leave her poverty and give her daughter a better life.
A friend of mine who travelled to Edinburgh told me that she was visiting a cemetery (cemeteries are apparently a common thing there) and she found many names of the saga on the tombstones. This cemetery was near of the cafe where Rowling used to write, but I don´t know if this information is truthful.
What is true is that J.K. has inspired her fantastic landscapes on Scotland nature, and I think there are many winks to Scottish tradition, like Professor Mcgonagall´s plaid printed dressing gown, or the giant squid that lives in the lake that can remind to Nessie, the monster of Loch Ness.
If you are a Harry Potter fan like me, I am sure that you will enjoy this website:
There, you can explore the Harry Potter world, and read unpublished comments and curiosities from J.K.Rowling's hand. You can also elaborate potions and face other people in magical duels to get points to your Hogwarts House.


Joanne Rowling has also written a novel for adults, "The Casual Vacancy", that was not as welcome as it was thought. I liked it, but, as my uncle says, I am not an impartial judge when we talk about J.K.Rowling, I would adore every word she writes. She has wrote another book, "The cuckoo´s calling", but she published it under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith due to the bad critics of her “Vacancy”. I am sure that I am going to love it!
I could continue talking about Harry Potter till the eternity, but I am going to stop there before those non returning point from where I couldn’t stop.
See you soon!!

marmarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment